Friday, January 05, 2007

"All she wants to do is dance"

Good evening. Welcome to Friday evening. Tomorrow The Mom and I are going to a wedding expo, with one of her friends, and her two daughters, one of whom is getting married. Now, I don't know if you're new, but I'm not one for the girlie stuff. Our wedding was a simple affair, there were 10 people there (including the Reverend), and it was the best wedding for us. Even now, I don't think that we would have changed much about it, except finding a way to fly JB's parents in.

That being said, I'm not sure how this thing is going to go down tomorrow. I over heard SE (The Mom's friend) on the phone saying that it was going to be supremely difficult to keep the affair under 10k. Perhaps there is something I'm missing, but if I had 10k, I would pay off my car, not have an elaborate wedding.

So, the challenge tomorrow is . . . blend. Why should I rain on anybody's parade? If she wants a million dollar wedding, what business of it is mine? Just because I wouldn't personally do the same thing doesn't mean that she's wrong.

I'm also pretty stoked about the fact that we're getting coffee from the coffee shop on the way to their house though. It should be a good start.

No comments: