Sunday, July 06, 2008

Maybe and then again maybe not

Here's the thing about trying to have a baby. First, I don't want to cop to trying, which is sort of ridiculous after all of this time. I don't want anyone to know that we're trying. And by trying, all I mean is that we're having sex without birth control now. How hard is that for trying? Maybe that's where my issue is, in that I don't feel like it's work, and am reluctant to label it as such. Plus, I don't want the pressure of people monitoring our sex life. Have we made the biology work yet?

Second, every tiny little body thing becomes a THING. Or at least, a potential THING. And JB is nonplussed by every thing, because there is not yet any proof that any thing is actually a THING. There are a lot of things going on this paragraph. I'm sorry for my English teachers right now. But even after re-reading it twice, I still feel like it's right.

No comments: